Tuesday 17 April 2012

So ... where to start!


I have been thinking about doing a blog for all my cupcake baking adventures but have just been lazy and not got around it until the other day when a fellow baker friend that I havent spoken to in awhile encouraged me to get into it (thanks Simone!)


The story so far ...


I have been baking for a year or so now, it just sort of all 'happened' as things do. Much to my mothers disappointment I dont have a natural knack for cooking, despite being a girl, her only daughter and having three brothers who are all able to cook perfectly well! (I would never admit that to them so hopefully they dont read this!) However I always loved to bake muffins when I was younger and I managed to not screw it up. So every now and then I would whip up a batch. A close friend then gave me a Cupcake book (Cupcakes by Susannah Blake) for my 22nd birthday and I guess this was just the beginning of my cupcake baking adventure. From then on I started to bake more often and to try different flavours, styles, icings etc 





 Then for Christmas, my boyfriend at the time gave me an awesome gift! A cupcake baking class with Babycakes www.babycakes.net.au. This class really opened my eyes up to the world of cupcakes and some of the amazing things you are able to do. 





From then on I started to get some equipment and more creative ingredients to bake with e.g glitter, food colourings etc and since then I havent looked back!

No comments:

Post a Comment